Frost Giant

"As the storm first came over us we thought nothing more of it, it's the mountains you know.
But then we started to feel the slow but steady 'thumps' you know. Heavy shakings you know.
The blizzard was quite intense, so it wasn't our fault, nobody could have seen him you know.
Anyway, when he lifted the entire rock we hid under, horses and all, we just froze in terror.
Cold as it was, nobody moved. Just stared at him you know.
Well, as Lukar, Ottis and our four horses got back under the rock,
me and Janx just ran like hell you know. 
Luckily that sound got a bit muted with all the snow you know.
Janx was always a bit of an idiot and thought running past the giant would help. 
Well at least it gave me a few secconds to hide you know, more rocks in the mountains you know.
The big guy had food enough and I am quite skinny so I recon he did'nt want me anyway you know."


Frost giant from the Blood Rage boardgame. Actually the first model I painted from that game. A very fun model to paint as I got to experiment a lot with skin tones in a cold and unusual palette. Also, I started to try harder contrasts to make the model pop a bit more.
I have a tendency to be a bit shy when using colors, so this was a great tryout for a better style.

Comments